- Feature Links
We respect your privacy and we do not automatically collect any information from visitors for any purpose other than web traffic statistics. This information does not result in the identification of your personal email address or other personal information.
If you choose to share personal information by subscribing to an email list, sending a message, or filling out an electronic form with personal information, the information will only be used for the purposes you authorized. This information may be saved for a designated period of time in order to comply with the State of Montana's archiving policies. However, any information disclosed on this website or any correspondence sent to this website is considered public information. Any such information received will not be disclosed unless required by State or Federal laws.
This privacy notice does not apply to personnel files, job applications, court records, law enforcement investigations, and regulatory investigations.
The City of Kalispell gathers personal information when it is relevant and necessary to accomplish City business. We only obtain this information through legal means. When the City of Kalispell collects personal information from you, we:
- Tell you why we are collecting this personal information;
- Limit the amount of your personal information that we collect to that which is necessary for the stated purpose;
- Take reasonable steps to use your personal information to the stated purpose;
- Take steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and current;
- Provide your personal information only to authorized City of Kalispell employees and private contractors or public organizations on a need-to-know basis;
- Do not sell or make your personal information available to others without your consent except when legally required, needed to complete your transaction with the county, or in an extreme emergency that presents a threat of serious injury or loss of life;
- Retain personal information only as long as necessary to conduct City business or only to the extent required by law;
- Dispose of personal information in a secure manner that prevents disclosure;
- Take organizational, technological, and physical measures to securely safeguard personal information.
Information Privacy Specific to the Internet
We also collect information on our website, both anonymous and personal.
- Anonymous information cannot be linked to a specific person, such as user hits, visits and sessions that we track by Internet service provider. We use this information to help us create a better overall experience for our website users.
- Personal information collected on certain City of Kalispell web pages is data that you provide to us about yourself. Providing information to us on our website is purely voluntary. This information is used to better serve you. Should you choose not to provide information to the City of Kalispell on the Internet, you may provide this information to us in another way, such as visiting a City office during normal business hours or, for some City services, completing your business by mail or telephone.
The City of Kalispell's website has links to other websites, including other government agencies, non-profit organizations and private businesses. When you link to one of these external websites, you are no longer on the City of Kalispell's website and this privacy notice no longer applies. Instead, you are subject to the privacy notice of that website.