Fire Life Safety Program
The Building Department administers the City of Kalispell's Fire Life Safety Program to ensure new commercial construction not only meets the current building code standards but also meets the current fire codes. Staff is responsible for reviewing construction plans for fire alarm and fire suppression systems installed in new and updated commercial buildings and performs on-site inspections prior to businesses opening to the public. The program also includes fire life safety inspections for existing commercial businesses, state licensed residential facilities and day care centers.
Request an Inspection
Drawings required for plan review of fire alarm, fire suppression systems, new construction and updated systems do vary. For additional information please contact the Building Department at 406-758-7730.
- Is there a fee for reviewing plans for alarm or sprinkler systems?
- Can I speak with a Fire Life Safety Inspector about my building project?
- What can a business do to improve fire safety in their workplace?
- What is a “proper fire extinguisher”? Are there different kinds of extinguishers for different kinds of fires?
- What is a charged extinguisher? How often do extinguishers need to be inspected, tested or serviced?
- What types of smoke detectors are there?
- Are Carbon Monoxide Detectors required?