The Community and Economic Development Department works with non-profit and for-profit developers and financial institutions to create affordable housing, economic development and job creation within the City of Kalispell. Some of the financial development tools the Department is able to access for public/private sector development are:
- Economic Development Grants for the creation of well-paid jobs.
- Federal and State grant funding sources for public facilities and affordable housing projects.
- Special Improvement Districts
- Tax Increment Financing (TIF) generated through fiveUrban Renewal Districts, providing: City-made low-interest loans and/or grants for on-site infrastructure needs, landscaping, parking, and decorative street lighting; and public construction of off-site infrastructure needs when it benefits the community at large.
- Brownfields Resources
- Revolving Loan Funds for small business needs.
Supplemental Environmental Assessment
- 2019 Supplemental Environmental Assessment for the Glacier Rail Park/Kalispell Core Area Development and Trail Project
- 2020 Finding of No Significant Impact
- 2017 Environmental Assessment for the Glacier Rail Park / Kalispell Core Area Development and Trail Project
- 2017 Finding of No Significant Impact & Section 4(f) Determination
- Visit the Montana Department of Commerce website to find out more and view the Montana Designated Opportunity Zones map. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
|The city of Kalispell does not have a city business license program. You will need to follow all zoning requirements and state statutes and requirements.|