26COVID-19 UPDATE - February 12, 2021
Kalispell Municipal Court is still under the covid-19 protocol, issued by Chief Justice McGrath on December 21, 2020. This includes the mask or face-covering requirement for the Judicial Branch. The Kalispell Municipal Court will be taking the following actions;
• Follow all Federal and State guidelines, orders, and directives.
• Observe social distancing procedures.
• If you are sick, please do not come into the Courthouse. (Fever, Cough, etc.)
• If you fall into any of the vulnerable categories, please consider not coming into the Courthouse. (Over the age of 65, underlying health conditions, etc.)
• We encourage you to conduct business by mail, phone and/or electronically if at all possible. Please call the office you need to do business with if you have any questions.
• CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain (e.g., courtrooms), especially for any vulnerable categories. Please remember to bring your own mask if necessary.
• Each office will have different customer maximums and procedures for doing business depending on office size and customer volume. Be aware that this might lead to longer wait times for service.
Kalispell Municipal Court has jurisdiction of all misdemeanors and Kalispell City Ordinance violations alleged to have occurred within Kalispell city limits.
The Court is presided over by Kalispell Municipal Judge Lori Adams.
To provide a forum to resolve alleged violations of the law in a respectful, independent and impartial manner.
What the Court Handles
- City ordinance violations
- Civil cases
- Misdemeanor criminal cases
- Municipal infractions
- Orders of Protection
- Search warrants
Court Help Program
View more information about the self help law center (PDF).
Judges’ Open Court Hours
- Monday and Fridays: Check In between 8:30 -9 a.m. - Court starts at 9 a.m.
- Mondays and Thursdays: Check In between 2:30 - 3 pm. - Court starts at 3 p.m.
*If you appear after the above listed times, you can not see the Judge.*
Clerk of Court Hours
- 8:30 am to 4 pm Monday through Friday