Which planning office do I contact for my property?

The Kalispell Planning and Building Department has jurisdiction only over properties that are either within the current city limits of Kalispell or properties just outside the city limits if the owner wants to pursue annexation into the city. Otherwise you should contact the following offices depending on the location of your property: 

  • Flathead County Planning and Zoning Phone: 406-751-8200
  • City of Whitefish Phone: 406-863-2410
  • City of Columbia Falls Phone: 406-892-4391

Show All Answers

1. Where are your offices located and what is the mailing address?
2. Which planning office do I contact for my property?
3. How can I contact a member of the Kalispell City Planning Commission?
4. When is the next planning commission meeting and where are the meetings held?
5. How do I determine zoning on properties in the City of Kalispell and find a description of the zones?
6. Is a permit required for installing a new sign or changing an existing sign on a business?
7. Are businesses / contractors required to be licensed to operate in the city?